Special Events and Celebrations
- You will be notified about celebrations (Valentines Day, Thanksgiving, etc.) which involve the whole Center. These are excellent opportunities for the children to gather as a whole community.
- If you wish to celebrate a special day in your child’s life (birthday, etc.), please discuss your plans with the teacher/Director. We ask that these individual celebrations take place during the morning or afternoon snack time. Please bring cupcakes or cookies rather than a whole cake. Remember, we can celebrate without too many sugary foods!! Please keep in mind that small toys and some foods pose a choking hazard.
- We are a peanut/nut free Center. We cannot allow any kind of nut or nut butter because of the potential for allergy.
- Each year Jack & Jill staff and students participate in the Warrenton Christmas Parade on the morning of the first Saturday in December. Please plan to be a part of this activity.
- In early June each year we hold a Friday evening celebration for the children who will be entering Kindergarten in the Fall. All families are welcome to join us.
Field Trips and Walks
- Occasionally, classes may take neighborhood walks or field trips designed to fit into the curriculum. Children might walk to the church at the end of Green Street to observe seasonal changes in the garden, to the town library, post office or other nearby buildings. Such trips are often spontaneous, so as part of the parental agreements, you are asked to sign a blanket permission slip for such trips. If possible, you will be informed that your child’s class will take a walk the day before it takes place. Emergency numbers, class lists and first aid supplies will accompany the children. Cell phones will provide communication with the Center.